Today, instead of deciding what to write and whether it’s interesting enough or whether I have a picture to make it pretty enough, I am just going to write. Baby is napping, I’ve reheated this morning’s coffee and if I don’t hit the keys on the keyboard too loudly I will probably have a good hour to do just that.
Are you with me? My apologies ahead of time for the randomness that is to follow.
1. I am flabbergasted at the number of people who read this blog. I’ll pull up the blog to see when my last post was published and when it’s been a few days and I look down and see 623 smiling faces waiting for the next post,I get a bit of blog-freight. Or writers block. Or some of both. This of course not counting reader subscribers and there are even more of them, but thankfully, I can’t actually see them, so I pull a Scarlet O’Hara and just ignore. And then there are the times when I have 623 followers on Monday and 622 come Tuesday and I will think, “gosh, what’d I say?” 🙂 Also, I subscribe to several blogs by email, written by mothers of 5, 6, or 7+ children. These moms blog several times a week! I’m clearly a rookie mommy. Don’t tell Wynn. I don’t think he has figured this out yet.
2. We have had nasty thunderstorms the past week. One included a tornado warning, tornado siren, sitting in the basement with a weather radio listening to the broadcaster tell us that a tornado was estimated to touch down a few miles from our house. Everything is scarier as a mom. I wondered if the other moms in our area would join me in running head-on into a twister if it would change its trajectory and spare our children. Luckily, we survived without any damage. A storm two nights ago ended with a double rainbow across the sky.
3. I love Wynn so much it makes my heart physically ache. I miss him when he is napping and at night when he is sleeping. Sometimes I giggle or talk too loud on purpose hoping he will wake up and I can have a few more minutes with him or a second chance to rock him to sleep. Mr. Marvelous calls me out on this. He knows my game.
4. I understand the raw nature of a mother lion protecting her cubs. Motherhood is like life electrified.
5. Being a parent has me spending a lot of time thinking of God as a parent. For instance, it must be so tough to have your little one go off to school or be around other children and be bullied or teased. Sometimes I will stop and recognize a person, anyone, like a cashier at a gas station or a prostitute on the news as someone’s baby. I wonder how God handles the heartache given that we are all his children. I am glad I am not God. I wouldn’t last five minutes.
6. Abraham and Isaac?!? My faith feels like a mustard seed compared to Abraham’s faith. I’m thankful that a mustard seed is enough.
7. My husband is an incredible man. I pray that I will be a blessing to him and that God will lead me to be a good wife and partner. I think he is a better spouse than me? I wonder if he feels the same way. This week we stood outside on our front porch with Wynn looking at this incredible sunset-rosy red and orange-just beautiful. Mr. Marvelous said “look Wynn, that is God.”
7. He is awake.
8. I’m typing even more gently now . . . maybe he will nod back off. Wynn still naps best in the laundry room with the dryer running. I wonder if that will still be the case when he is five years old. Rookie-Mom syndrome again.
9. Nope he is up for good, so I am off.
10. Life is beautiful. Just look for it. 🙂