Top Ten Reasons Today is a Beautiful Day:
1. My headache went away before noon.
2. At noon, I went to the farmers’ market and bought the first Macintosh apples of the fall to make an apple pie.
3. That means that at 6 p.m. tonight, I will be barefoot and pregnant, in the kitchen, and therein, fulfilling a lifelong dream.
4. I am wearing my go-to red heels.
5. I think they may just have scored me a discount on the apples.
6. Speaking of apples, my baby is now about the size of an apple, and I’m proud of all the hard work it took to get to this point!
7. I felt the baby move for the first time a few nights ago, so every minute of every day I am waiting to feel him/her again so my world can stop.
8. Mr. Marvelous.
9. I know that tonight, by 7:30 p.m., Mr. Marvelous will be sitting with me on the sofa, eating homemade apple pie, and talking to our baby.
10. GOD IS GOOD.
So what is beautiful in your world?