If my memory is to be trusted, I spent a good portion of my childhood taking long walks in the woods with my dad.
Now, as a grown woman with a child of my own, 99% of me is settled and content in my own home but the remaining 1% will always be homesick for things like those woods and those walks with my dad.
I love his scent of fresh coffee and the feel of his well-worn L.L. Bean jacket.
I like to soak up his wisdom. Everything that is right and lovely in my life is amplified when I am one-on-one with my dad.
He makes a person glad to be alive-to walk with him is to know goodness and love and the kind of comfort that seeps down deep and whispers: “everything is just fine.”
“everything is as it should be.”
“everything in its due time.”
I am sometimes asked why I have such a strong faith in God-how I am able to believe.
Today I think it is because I know the love of a father. I know how big it is; the immeasureable length of its patience and grace.
How blessed I am that my dad has loved me so deeply in this life that it is possible for me to begin to comprehend the limitless love of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you, Dad.
I love you,
I so loved reading that! How very very true. My dad is just like that!!
Wow – what a wonderful testimony! And what a great reward for your precious Dad to know that you love him so dearly. Blessings to you today. Janine
I love this post. I have a dad like this too. Hope your dad had a wonderful birthday.
Oh, wow! What a beautiful tribute to your dad. And what a blessed woman you are to have the treasure of a godly dad. It is a rare gift indeed!
This is the sweetest post I have ever read. Happy Birthday to your dad.
What a great way to start my long day 🙂 Thanks hon and that puppy is too cute.
Very sweet. How blessed he is to have such a wonderful daughter!
What a beautiful tribute!! Love reading this!! The love for a father is beyond words.
What a beautiful and sweet post dedicated to your dad. I hope he has a wonderful birthday!!
I couldn’t agree with you more. I was also blessed with an amazing father who adores his daughter. It really does help you understand the love of our Heavenly father. 🙂
Likewise, I can also understand why so many struggle and have a hard time trusting, as they may not have been blessed with the same amazing and loving earthly father figure.
Touching! I feel the same way about my Dad!
My dad has that same calm, quiet way about him. I know that after a morning of sipping coffee and getting in the word together – I am reassured that everything is as it should be. I’m ever so thankful my boys can share this same relationship with their daddy. I’m heartbroken and deeply wounded that my husband never felt this but praise the Lord that he finds this love and comfort not only by our Heavenly Father but from the undconditional love of my dad and uncle and from his late grandaddy. I love this post sweety 🙂 & I’m wishing your dad a very Happy Birthday from Idaho! The Lady of the House
I can so relate to your feelings of your relationship with your Dad. I have always felt there is something special between a girl and her father. I know for sure that I will always be my Daddy’s little girl 🙂
Erin- What a wonderful post!!! You have an amazing gift with putting deep, strong emotion into words! Everytime I read your posts I say “Yeah that’s exactly how I feel but never can describe into words!!!” Your Dad is so blessed to have a wonderful daughter like you! God Bless and Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!!
In Christ, Terri B.